So I guess we missed on our “has Coach Wulff Been Lifting?” theory from yesterday. Still, I don’t know, maybe we’re out to lunch on this one but he sure looks fit these days. He looks considerably more fit than a couple of years ago. Maybe it’s the angle on the photos? Or maybe it’s even the small things, like the clothes? You know, instead of droopy drawers Russell sweats, now he’s rolling with the black pants and fitted Nike coaches polo? It’s a decent transformation, whatever the deal is:
I don’t know, it seems like it would take some work? Maybe he is just blessed with good genetics. But he just looks better, we can all agree on that, right?
Speaking of clothes and Cougs and all that, we thought it would be cool to check out some different celebrities over the years, celebs who were spotted wearing WSU gear. Read on for our top six picks, plus a bonus for our UW friends, as well as the daily links from yesterday’s day five of fall camp:
1) Alyssa Milano
2) Corey Haim
3) Ice Cube
4) John Candy
6) Tiger Woods
Well, it would be cool…..but it’s BS. OK, we confess – this one was our doing. The original photo did have a guy in the gallery wearing a WSU hat. The guy’s hat seemed to be facing the exact same direction as Tiger’s hat, and as they were both facing the same direction and standing so close together, the lighting was just right. The original picture ran on ESPN.com, and the guy with the Coug hat was just to Tiger’s left (he’s cropped out of the above pic). So it was a matter of cut-n-paste, and viola, you have Tiger hitting an iron shot with a Coug hat!
* Bonus for our UW friends – Lindsay Lohan.
I know many of you have see this floating around, but we thought a before-and-after shot would be appropriate?
If you have any celebs in Coug gear, fire us a link in comments or something like that. We would be curious to see if there’s anything we missed.
OK, back to reality, and some links for you on a Friday.
- Howie Stalwick is back at it for Cougfan, recapping day five. Among the highlights are BIG time energy amongst coaches and players, Alex Hoffman-Ellis coming back strong after a back strain as the defense ruled the day, and true frosh John Fullington got some reps with the “ones” at the end of practice.
- Teddy Miller has a video, and it’s about the Cougs! Yeah, he’s come out with his “Don’t Be Surprised” vid on WSU for ’10. What does he say? Give it a click and check it out, but, he does think the Cougs will be considerably better, and they actually have some “guys who can play” this year.
- Grippi’s chalk full of recap-ness, and admits that HE was the one who asked Wulff if he’d been lifting! Nice work Vince. Anywho, Grippi hits on the defense ahead of the offense right now, a nice play by Gino Simone on offense, and a really good story on the progress of James Montgomery as he takes another step forward in his comeback.
- Joe Nickell’s First and Crimson blog at the official site has a new look. It’s now just called WSU Cougars.com Blog, and you can find it here. Joe’s recap from Thursday hits on the good play of the defense, led by the linebackers and secondary, and also points out that both Brandon Rankin and Bernard Wolfgramm were “nicked up” and didn’t practice today (but they did work out with coach Lovat). Joe also says he’s willing to ask players some interview questions, but he is soliciting them from the fans – that’s you. If you have any specific questions for any player, drop by his site and leave a comment.
- Finally, while Wulff says he hasn’t been lifting? Clearly, the football players have been pumping iron – HARD – and it’s starting to show. Cougcenter put together a photo gallery, using Cougfan’s photos as the source, and you can definitely see some changes happening here (check out Jared Karstetter! He’s all of 6-4, and now he’s got some real meat on his bones. He might be in for a really nice junior year).
That’s it for now. Enjoy your Friday morning, and as always, GO COUGS!